These are still metal braces, but with a revolutionary ligating system. We achieve excellent results and in many cases there is no need for extractions. The system was created many years ago by the orthodontist Dr. Dwight Damon.
One benefit about the Damon system is that they no longer need those colorful elastic ligatures. Sure, the elastic ligatures can be cute, but why use them if we can do without? This is what Damon thought when he implemented the “sliding-doors” system on the brackets that close and open with no external help from ligatures.
The Damon braces are designed with much smaller brackets than the previous systems. The small stainless steel brackets look like small silver jewels on teeth and are contoured to feel much more comfortable on the inside of lips.
Here are some of the advantages of the Damon braces:
- since the brackets are smaller they are more pleasant looking
- no ligatures means teeth are cleaner
- they work faster and the results are sometimes astounding
- the smaller brackets are much more comfortable to wear
- they are still metal braces and are visable
- there can be minor treatment discomfort in the first days, (treatable with orthodontic wax and/or tylenol).
Still the Damon System is a great idea if you want fabulous results from metal braces orthodontic treatment. If you want an oustanding result with any orthodontic system, you are definietely in the right place with Boschken Orthodontics!